Pages

Oleana Restaurant Review

For a truly unique twist to traditional Middle Eastern cuisine, I recommend Oleana Restaurant in Cambridge as one of your next dining destinations!  Here's a clip from my review on Yelp and if you do decide to go, I hope its as good as my last experience.  

"What a great experience!  From the mezze appetizers to the main course, I truly enjoyed my meal overall at Oleana Restaurant. 
I started with three mezze dishes...
1. Warm olives and za'ater
2. Spicey labneh
3. Hummus wrapped in basterma (cured beef.. looks like bacon)
I never had warm olives, they were a pleasant delight.  Small table olives sitting in a warm bath of EVOO and generously sprinkled with za'ater (a Middle Eastern mixture of spices of sesame seeds, thyme and sumac).   
The spicey labneh was amazing!  For those who do not know what labneh is, picture it as a smoother cream cheese.  I could not figure out what type of minced hot peppers they added but this spread had just the right about of heat!  I could eat this with olives and bread all night!
My last mezze dish was the hummus wrapped in basterma!  Man oh man, I never had hummus like this before..." [read more here]
Brinkmann 9021 Shish Kabob Set

No comments:

Post a Comment